Mobile: +65 9298 1844
430 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, #10-01,
Orange Tee Building, Singapore
Guo Zhanzhi Clarence
Clarence oversees the corporate department in Tzedek Law LLC. His practice focuses on the area of corporate banking and finance, and in the area of financial services regulations. His clients include major local and international banks, funds and fund managers, large real estate developers and owners, as well as young start-up companies. In particular, he specialises in assisting fintech start-ups, and has developed much expertise assisting companies dealing with blockchain technology / virtual currencies.
Clarence has been endorsed in the banking and finance section of the Legal 500 2017 edition, a legal directory ranking the top lawyers of each country, as having a "fine record in real estate finance".
Clarence regularly advises on a broad range of banking and finance and regulatory compliance matters, and some notable engagements are set out below:
- Assisted with an application for the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s Regulatory Sandbox.
- Advised on initial coin offerings for a number of start-ups (in the areas of fund management, oil production, advertising, stored value facility, insurance, prediction markets, space technology, intellectual property).
- Advised a blockchain-based lottery business on regulatory compliance matters.
- Advised on regulatory issues under the Moneylenders Act.
- Acted for one of the largest crowdfunding platforms in Singapore in drafting the crowdfunding legal documents and arrangements, and advising on regulatory compliance matters.
- Acted for various invoice financing platforms in Singapore in the drafting of legal documentation and advising on regulatory compliance matters.
- Acted for various local and international banks in a variety of financings, such as project financing of both local and overseas property (Australia, UK, Maldives).
- Acted for a large international bank in receivables financing documentation.
- Acted for local and international banks in various ship purchase financing matters.
- Assisted to draft various hotel management agreements.